Wednesday 3 February 2010

SOS (P) ..... Send-Out-Service (Provider..)

Piley Towers is currently back in the dark ages with effectively no internet connection for the last 5 days... From Saturday until Tuesday the connection was dropping every one to 2 minutes, but as of last night it now drops every 1 to 2 seconds!!

This is the joy of TalkTalk I'm afraid. You know that old adage about "you get what you pay for"? Well never was that more appropriate.

This continual dropping of service is something I've had to accept (at least until my 18 months is up and I can escape), and often an evening is rendered a 'no net' night. But this is by far the worst bout, and incredibly frustrating. I've had a post pretty much ready to go since Saturday, but can't stay connected long enough to upload the pics etc.

Watch this space....

4 comments:

Istvanski said...

Hang in there. I've been living without home Internet for quite sometime now that I've weaned myself off the online addiction that I used to have.
Sky Sports News is my new crutch.

NoIdea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NoIdea said...

Hey, hurry up and get back on-line. I want to see that new post you have waiting in the wings!!

Martin said...

You have my deepest sympathy. Got home after a lousy day at work yesterday only to find that my home PC is refusing to boot at all. As usual you never realise how much you rely on these things until you haven't got one.